Frequently Asked Questions
We know you have questions, so we’ve put together a list of some of the most frequent questions we encounter (and their answers). If you have a question we haven’t answered, feel free to call us or send an email any time. You can reach us by phone at 262-252-5600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is a specialty medication? +
Specialty medications are prescribed to treat complex and chronic (long-term) conditions. Examples of these conditions include multiple sclerosis (MS), hepatitis C and rheumatoid arthritis.
Specialty medications are usually expensive and they often:
- Must be injected into the body (though there are a number of newer specialty medications that may be taken by mouth)
- Have unique storage and shipping requirements
- Require additional education and support from dedicated pharmacists so our patients can get the greatest benefit from the medication
- How will I receive my medication from Aurora Specialty Pharmacy?+
First and foremost, if your medications are shipped to you, we always label packages discreetly in a way that protects your privacy.
We take great care packaging your specialty medications, using specific handling methods and temperature controls.
We ship your medications via next-day air or standard delivery. You can decide where to have the package delivered – to your home or to another location that is convenient for you.
- How do I refill my medications?+
You and your Aurora Specialty Pharmacy team will work together to find the best days and times to reach you by phone. When it’s time to schedule your refill based on the care plan from your physician, we’ll call ahead to schedule delivery. We take care of everything so that you will receive your refill on time and without hassle.