Medication Therapy Management
Helping you make the most of your medication therapy
At Aurora Pharmacy, we offer more than just prescriptions and over-the-counter products. We also offer pharmacy services to help make your life easier. One of those services is Medication Therapy Management (MTM).
What is Medication Therapy Management?
At an MTM consultation, your pharmacist will spend 30 to 45 minutes talking with you about all of the medications you take, including any over-the-counter medications and supplements. This time is entirely dedicated to you, listening to your health-related questions and concerns. After each MTM visit, your pharmacist will consult your physician(s) and discuss your medication therapy and suggest improvements or changes when possible.
Medication Therapy Management can help you:
- Avoid possible drug interactions
- Manage potential side effects of your medications
- Understand the proper use of over-the-counter medications and supplements
- Save money on prescriptions
Who can benefit from Medication Therapy Management?
You may benefit from an MTM consultation if you:
- Take more than one medication or are being treated for more than one chronic condition
- Would like to know how your medications work and why you are taking them
- Are concerned about the potential for drug interactions – even with over-the-counter medications and supplements
- Are interested in lowering medication costs
How much does a Medication Therapy Management appointment cost?
Many prescription insurance plans will cover MTM services for qualified patients. To find out if you qualify, ask an Aurora Pharmacy staff member for more details.
Aurora Pharmacy – Putting You First
Aurora strives to have the best pharmacies in Wisconsin how? Better service, better quality, better integration, access to medication list and chart, relationships with MD’s. Along with all of Aurora’s clinics and hospitals, our pharmacies and prescription dispensing centers put patients first – always. Come to an Aurora Pharmacy, and get the savings, care and convenience you’ve been missing.