Automatic Prescription Refill & Mail Order Prescription Service FAQ
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About the Automatic Refill and Mail Order Prescription Service
General Program Information
- What is automatic refill? +
Automatic refill is a program that gives you the convenience of having your prescriptions refilled automatically each month. When you enroll in the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic Refill Service, your Aurora pharmacist will refill your maintenance medications about a week before they are set to run out. You won’t have to do anything to request the refill. And when we’ve processed your last refill, we will contact your physician to get authorization for a new prescription.
- What is a maintenance medication?+
A maintenance medication is any medication you take on a regularly scheduled basis (i.e. daily, weekly, or monthly) for a chronic condition. Some examples of medications for high blood pressure, thyroid disorder, diabetes, and heart disease.
- What are the benefits of this program for me and my family?+
There are a number of program benefits once you’ve signed up for automatic prescription refills.
- You will save time by not having to call in your refills.
- You will make fewer trips to the pharmacy for medication refills.
- Our pharmacists and other caregivers will have more time to spend with you when you are in our pharmacies.
- Our central fill Pharmacy team will be focused solely on filling your medications and coordinating care with your physician(s).
- Where will my prescriptions be filled, and how will I get them?+
Your prescriptions will be filled in the Aurora Specialty Pharmacy. Then they will be sent directly to your house (if you choose mail order service) or sent to your preferred Aurora Pharmacy so you can pick them up in the store.
- Can I get all my prescriptions filled through the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic Refill / Mail Order Service?+
We will automatically fill prescriptions for maintenance medications with a few exceptions. After you enroll, a caregiver will contact you to explain any possible exceptions.
- How do I know when my prescription will be refilled?+
Your prescription will be automatically refilled about a week before you are set to run out or as early as your insurance will allow us to do so. It will be mailed directly to your home or shipped to the Aurora Pharmacy of your choice for in-store pick-up. Your refills should arrive at your home or be ready for in-store pick-up a couple of days before you are due to run out. If you want to know whether your prescriptions are ready, call your Aurora Pharmacy.
- When will I begin receiving my prescriptions after enrolling in the automatic prescription refill service?+
An Aurora Pharmacy caregiver will contact you within 10 business days after receiving your application to let you know when you can expect to start receiving your automatic prescription refills. Until then, please continue to pick up your medications at your regular pharmacy.
- Will I still be able to speak with a caregiver regarding my health questions if I have my prescriptions mailed to me?+
Absolutely. Caregivers at the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic Refill / Mail Order Prescription Service are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm to answer your questions over the phone. Just call us toll-free at 1-877-409-0148. If you normally pick up your prescriptions at your local Aurora Pharmacy, then please contact that pharmacy with any questions.
Enrolling in the Program and Updating Your Information
- How do I enroll in the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic Refill / Mail Order Service? +
You can enroll in the program in any of these 3 ways:
- Online: Visit us at www.Aurora.org/Apply.
- By Phone: Call us toll-free at 1-877-409-0148.
- On Paper: Complete a hard copy application and leave it at your preferred Aurora Pharmacy, or mail it to the address shown on the enrollment form.
- What do I do if I receive a new prescription from my physician or my medications change in any way?+
- First, let your physician know that you are enrolled in the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic Refill / Mail Order Prescription Service.
- Then let your pharmacy (either your local Aurora Pharmacy or the mail order pharmacy) know right away, especially if the new medication is replacing an old one.
If you pick up your prescriptions at your local Aurora Pharmacy, simply drop off the new prescription at your local Aurora Pharmacy or ask your provider to send the prescription directly to your local Aurora Pharmacy. A pharmacy caregiver will take care of the rest.
If you have your medications mailed to you, please call our toll-free number at 1-877-409-0148, or go online to update your records. Then, mail the new prescription to: Aurora Pharmacy, P.O. Box 227, Butler, WI 53007-0227 or have your provider send your prescription directly to us.
If possible, ask your doctor to prescribe a 3-month supply with additional refills. This will allow us to fill your prescription for a longer period of time. We will verify that your insurance will cover a three-month supply.
- What should I do if my personal information changes?+
Visit us online at www.Aurora.org/Apply, and select “Update Automatic Refill Info,” or call us toll-free at 1-877-409-0148, and we can update your information by phone.
Receiving Your Prescriptions
- Am I able to pick up my prescription at different Aurora Pharmacy locations? +
No. Upon enrolling in this service, you will be asked to select a single Aurora Pharmacy as your designated choice. If you tend to use different Aurora Pharmacy locations on a regular basis, we encourage you to use the mail order delivery option. If you would like to change your designated pharmacy, you can do it by calling us toll-free at 1-877-409-0148.
- Do I need to be home to receive my prescriptions? +
No. If you choose to have your prescriptions mailed or shipped, your medications will be delivered in an unmarked package to protect your privacy, and you do not need to be home to receive or sign for them.
- What should I do if my mail order prescriptions don’t show up when I expect them? +
Call us toll-free number at 1-877-409-0148, and we can research your medication fill history.
- What happens if I show up at my local pharmacy before my medications arrive? +
If this happens, your local Aurora Pharmacy will take care of filling your medications for you, as long as your insurance company will allow it.
- Am I locked into receiving mail order once I enroll? +
Absolutely not. If you decide that you would prefer to have your prescriptions filled at your local pharmacy, simply call that pharmacy and have them transfer your mail order prescriptions there. It’s that easy.
Payment, Costs and Your Insurance
- How do I pay for my prescriptions if I want them mailed? +
When you enroll, you will provide us with a credit card, debit card, or FSA Flex card number that will be used to pay for your prescriptions. You will not be charged postage or shipping for prescriptions mailed to your home, but you will be charged for your prescription co-pays, if applicable. Your card will not be charged until your prescription is filled. Please let us know when you receive a new card so we can update your records with the new information.
- Do you charge a delivery fee? +
No. With this service, we will mail or ship your prescriptions directly to your home free of charge. You pay only for your co-pay.
- Is there a charge to have my prescriptions refilled automatically? +
No. This service is provided to you free of charge to ensure that your next refill will be ready with the least possible inconvenience.
Will my insurance cover my medications through the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic Refill / Mail Order Prescription
We will process your insurance the same way as a traditional Aurora Pharmacy would do. Our caregivers will contact you if there is any difficulty in getting your prescriptions covered with your insurance. You will be responsible for providing payment information for your prescription co-pays.
If my insurance normally requires me to use mail order, will I now be able to use the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic
Refill / Mail Order Prescription Service instead? +
No, you will still have to use the mail order pharmacy mandated by your insurance.
If you have any additional questions, please call the Aurora Pharmacy Automatic Refill / Mail Order Prescription Service, toll-free: 1-877-409-0148.
Aurora Pharmacy – Putting You First
Aurora strives to have the best pharmacies in Wisconsin how? Better service, better quality, better integration, access to medication list and chart, relationships with MD’s. Along with all of Aurora’s clinics and hospitals, our pharmacies and prescription dispensing centers put patients first – always. Come to an Aurora Pharmacy, and get the savings, care and convenience you’ve been missing.