Sexual assault treatment services
Sexual assault is any unwanted, forced or coerced sex act. Anyone, at any age, can be a victim. A victim is never responsible for an assault and is never to blame for not being able to stop it.
Help is available
Aurora can help get you through such a traumatic experience.
- Get help in the Milwaukee area
The Sexual Assault Treatment Center is available 24 hours a day and is located in the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
- Get help in southern Wisconsin
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program (S.A.N.E) is a dedicated group of nurses on call 24 hours a day, located primarily in the southern part of Wisconsin.
- Anyone – woman, child or man – can be an assault victim.
- Sexual assault is not caused by what the victim is wearing, where it happens to be, or what they happen to be doing. It is always the responsibility of the assailant
- Sexual assault is a crime motivated by violence, anger and power, it is not an act of sexual desire
- 92.9% of all sexual assaults were perpetrated by someone known to the victim, and 56.9% took place in either the victim's or offender's home
- 79% were juveniles, and 70% of all victims were 15 years old or younger
- 1 in 3 women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime, and 1 in 4 girls will be sexually assaulted before the age of 18
- 1 in 7 boys will be sexually assaulted before the age of 18